Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















March 22, 2010

My one and only big sister..

- Note from Todd-

When Lindsey's first tumor struck our family, Hannah and I were far too young to realize what an impact it had on not only our family, but our friends and the community as well. We may all have our days where we can't stop crying, today being mine, I can't help but to think of where we would be without the love, prayers, and support of every single person that has kept our family in their hearts and minds. It amazes me how much support flows into our house every week, whether it be letters, food, money, or ice cream.

I know I've stayed pretty quiet through out this whole tragedy, and I tend to keep my emotions to myself, but I wanted to take this time to sincerely thank every person that has supported my family even in the slightest bit. Growing up with Lindsey as my older sister has been one of the greatest blessing God has given me. I have yet to meet a person with as much altruism, hospitality, and compassion. She's endured more than anyone should ever have to, yet she continues living with a smile and a positive attitude. Even now with her loss in motor function and speech , she strives to please others.

I hope that in my life time I can become a fraction of the person she is today, and always will be in my heart. She's my one and only Big Sis, and that's never going to change. You're never prepared for something like this to happen, and I think we all hope that our families will be untouched by such adversity. When life throws you lemons you have to do everything you can to make some lemonade, no matter how sweet or sour it may be.

Every day we have with Lindsey is a blessing, and I know that the prayers help every step to the path of recovery.

God, I know that you may have greater plans for my sister than she may ever have here, but I'm not going to give her up that easily. I'm from a family of fighters.

I love you Big Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment