Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















May 07, 2010

Update from the Doc Appt

If you know me, you know I love the color pink!

I don't love the fact that today I saw with my own eyes that the tumor is still there and it's slightly larger than it was before. Yes i's growing. And it's not pretty. It's stupid actually. The routine of taking my temperature, taking my blood pressure, my heart rate etc and hearing the nurse say that all is good is annoying. All is not good! I have a freaking tumor growing in my head.

I talked with Dr. Taylor about starting chemo again. But then when she emphasized the rigid nightly routine of taking meds and the weekly trips to the office for blood testing, and she couldn't promise me that the tumor would stop growing, I said "Nope. Not doing chemo again." I'm feeling good right now and I want to have as many good days as possible, instead of feeling crummy and being poked on etc.

The great news of today - I CAN FLY! I did a little happy dance in the office when Dr. Taylor said she thought it would be okay. Mom's a little nervous... But I have to do it soon. So... we're busy trying to pull together a family vacation to San Diego. We'll have some fun and I'll get to see my husband. He's planning to fly back here Memorial Day weekend so if everything works out, I'll stay in San Diego with him for a week after the rest of my family returns home. Please pray that this trip will work out! It could very well be the last family vacation together. :o(

God - thank you for another great day of feeling good. Thank you for smart, kind, compassionate doctors.

Oh, in case you didn't know - Tomorrow is graduation day. I'm so excited!

Just got home from having Mexican food with my parents and Todd. We're picking Hannah up in a little bit. Todd and Hannah will be home for the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Happy graduation day! I'm sure the graduation was in the morning so congrats (a little late)!!

    ReplyDelete