Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















July 09, 2010

Before the Morning - One of Lindsey's Fav Songs

Before the Morning is a song by Josh Wilson. This is a song Lindsey enjoys listening to. The phrase on the back of the "Lace up for Lindz" shirt comes from this song - Fight the good fight."

To watch Josh Wilson's Youtube of this song, go to this link:
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYGhQWgqq4

Here's a few of the song lyrics.

Do you wonder why you have to feel the things that hurt you

If there's a God who love s you, where is he now

Maybe there are things you can't see

and all those things are happening to bring a better ending

someday somehow you'll see, you'll see.

Would you dare, would you dare to believe

that you still have a reason to sing

cause the pain that you've been feeling

It can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on you gotta wait for the light

press on and just fight the good fight

Cause the pain that you've been feeling

it's just the dark before the morning

The weekend was good. We spent time with friends and family.

The definition of good is relative. For Todd, I'm sure he would say his weekend was good because he spent Saturday evening in Columbia, MO celebrating a friend's 21st birthday. For Hannah, she'd say it was good because she is learning to wakeboard and she stayed up on the board longer than before and she likes hanging out with the people who are teaching her. For Lindsey, I'm sure she would say none of this good. She would say a mistake has been made and she wants her life back.

We are making the best of a bad situation.

Lindsey didn't feel like getting out Friday evening, or Saturday for coffee, or Sunday for church. College friends from LSCC came over Saturday for a little pool party. Relatives from Denver came over for dinner on Sunday. We enjoyed turkey burgers, buffalo burgers, fresh beets from the LS Farmers Market, and topped off the evening with peach pie from the Amish. Charles, if you're reading this, you were right about the last piece of pie... Lindsey asked for it right after you left. :o)

While Lindsey is very quiet, she does enjoy visitors. Please let us know if you'd like to stop by.

1 comment:

  1. After listening to the video you posted, I found these scriptures dealing with the new light of the morning...I wanted to share them with you.

    "Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

    "Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives." Psalm 90:14

    "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

    "In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

    "I will sing of your strength in the morning; I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." Psalm 59:16

    Sherryl

    ReplyDelete