Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















July 29, 2010

What I Learn From Lindsey

Sunday was a sleeping day for Lindsey. Other than mealtimes, she spent the entire day in bed. Maybe she was recovering from Saturday... We spent a couple of hours by the pool, then napped, went to dinner in P-hill at our favorite little mexi place, then Megan and Erin stopped by for a visit. While she was eating today, I read the following note that arrived in the mail ......


Dear Lindsey, I think about you a lot. I wrote this little note for you so you will know what a special woman you are.

What I Learn from Lindsey


I learn courage:
You started college at the same time as the other kids from your high school class. As they began to graduate, you still struggled. You kept at it though. You persevered. How hard that must have been for you. How courageous you are.

Sometimes I find myself wanting to give up. Then I think of you. There are things I want to do, but I think how hard it is. Then I think of you. And I can't give up. Because you are brave. You make me want to be better. You make me not afraid.

I learn joy:
When you made your bucket list with your grandpa, you put simple activities on your list. No solitary aggrandizing stunts. No "climbing Mount Everest", no "bungee jump down the Grand Canyon." You wanted those things that not only would make you happy, but would make those around you happy. How many bucket lists have on them seeing the people in your life being happy? Most bucket lists are for glory or selfishness; not yours. Yours is joy.

And the pleasure you find in eating ice cream! And you use all the toppings available. Isn't that what God wants for his children? Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." That is you, Lindsey. Abundance. Abundant joy in ice cream. Abundant joy in life.

I learned from you to pile on all the toppings. To rejoice greatly in the simple things. That true joy is sharing.

I learn faith:
You may get mad at God - that's OK. God understands and can take it. But you always come back to God. Your blog glorifies God. You take comfort in God's great love for you. No one who talks to you for even a few moments doubts that you have a strong love for your Lord and Savior. Because Jesus is your Lord and Savior. That is how you live.

I see how you praise God, how you seek God, how you trust God, how you thank God. I long for a faith like yours.

I learn love:
I love your giving spirit. How you are quick to hug. How you love your grandparents. You give love and love multiplies. I love how you and Greg wanted to be married, to experience a life together even with the great challenge you both knew was ahead for you. You Lindsey, make my heart swell with love for everyone. Sometimes my heart feels like a heart of stone. Sometimes I am downed by perceived insults and hurts. Then I remember you and my heart softens.


You are my hero.


Just a reminder, that if you want Lace-Up for Lindz t-shirts, I need your order by Wednesday, August 4th!




No comments:

Post a Comment