Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















August 16, 2010

Getting Weaker... but Super Excited

The title of this post is so Lindsey. While things can be going badly, she looks for opportunities to experience joy and excitement.

Sunday night, as I got Lindsey ready for bed, I did a run down of the week ahead. When I got to the part about going to Aunt Nancy's on Tuesday she blurted out, "I know". "I'm SUPER EXCITED." It was so good to hear these words. It was great to hear the expression of excitement. Even in the midst of increased pain, a weaker right side, and increased difficultly in managing mobility in our home, Lindsey finds joy in being with those she loves. Especially her Aunt Nancy. Nancy has decided to change her schedule so that she can spend time with Lindsey during the weekdays. Precious time. When Nancy asked me about this I responded by saying, "How can I say no to something that Lindsey loves so much?" When you ask Lindsey what she'd like to do, it's very common for her to respond "Aunt Nancy". Lindsey will have the joy of spending a couple days a week with Nancy while she can.
Greg is in the final days of school in the Navy and is hoping to be here the first part of September. He has filed his requests and is waiting for approval. He's hoping for 30 days before he departs for Japan in October. The Lindsey he'll come home to is very different from the Lindsey he left on July 5th. Please pray for Greg. He is a great man. He is a man that will need to be lifted up in prayer as he sees what the cancer is doing to his wife.
Posted here is Aunt Nancy and Greg. Two people that Lindsey finds herself getting "SUPER EXCITED" about.


No comments:

Post a Comment