Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















August 24, 2010

It's quiet in the Morris Home


Todd and Hannah have returned to school and it's very quiet in the Morris home. No more boys showing up every night to do P90X, no more friends stopping by to swim, play games, and visit. Todd headed back to MU last week. Bob, Lindsey and I made a road trip to MU on Saturday to deliver a new mattress to Todd and a few other things. We also toured the new Union dining facility. It's very nice. I've attached a few photos from our day trip. Todd is very quiet and reserved... it's hard for him to see what is happening to his sister. As you can see from picture, the steroids are giving Lindsey nice round, beautiful cheeks. (At least I think they are beautiful... she on the otherhand doesn't like what she sees in the mirror.)

Lindsey has been awakening at night to take care of personal needs. We're trying to get her to ring a bell so we can help.. Most nights she forgets. Sometimes she falls. Sunday night after assisting I finished my slumber next to her. As I was putting her to bed Monday night I asked her if she remembered that I had slept with her the previous night. Her response...as she looked at me ever so intently, "more often. You should do that more often." So I did. I stayed with her Monday night. Tonight at dinner, I asked her if she remembered that I stayed with her. As her eyes welled up, she responded "Yes... I felt so special. I don't like being alone in my bed." And she cried. So... Bobby, until Greg arrives, I'll be sleeping with our girl... and that's exactly where Bob would want me to sleep right now.

Quiet is okay. Lindsey and I are working on her t-shirt quilt. She has selected her t-shirts, the fabric, and we are enjoying putting together shirts from her past, present, and we're saving room for the Lace-Up for Lindz t-shirts, which today represents the future.
Thank you to those who are praying for Todd and Hannah as they transition back to school. It's difficult for them to be away at this time.

2 comments:

  1. What can I say? As always our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. It was good to know that I could do something like write the nomination for the "Keep the Faith" award. Lindsey is an extraordinary young woman of God and she has passed that faith to so many even those she does not know. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending so much love and hugs your way... always.

    ReplyDelete