Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















September 20, 2010

An update from Aunt Nancy

Last week Lindsey mentioned she wanted to come over to my house. I was excited when Bob said he was willing to give it a try. I picked her up Thursday morning and as we drove away she said "I'm so excited. What are we going to do today?" I was surprised by her question but not her excitement about being out of the house. In the past our outings consisted of a visit to Hy-Vee, Starbucks, and Express Pak "N" Ship to visit my sister-in-law, Gina, who Lindsey has grown to love. I wasn't sure if she was up for any of it, but when I asked if she wanted to go to Hy-Vee, she said, "YES!" She loved seeing her friends from work; it was like a trip down memory lane for her which makes her sad sometimes. I tell her it's okay to be sad for a little bit but life is too short to waist on sadness all the time. That is when I try to find something silly to talk about to get her to smile or giggle. I usually works. :o) Carol, sorry we missed you... we will be back to see you on Wednesday if Lindsey is up to it. After we left Hy-Vee we headed to see Gina, then back to my house for a long nap.
I want to thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and support. It helps Lindsey and our family to stay positive and determined to push through each day. I also want to thank my sister and Bob for allowing me to be a part of Lindsey's journey. I will cherish this time forever.

Love,
Aunt Nancy

Additional misc updates...
We'll have a housefull this weekend...
Greg is flying in on the 20th and he'll be here for thirty days! Greg's mom is also coming in on the 23rd for five days, and Todd and Hannah will be home. We'll see if Lindsey is up for a visit to Octoberfest in downtown Lee's Summit, a favorite fall tradition of the Morris family. Last weekend Lindsey had a surprise visit from her father-in-law, Claire Elwood, whose truck route brought him through this area for a stop over.

No comments:

Post a Comment