Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















September 27, 2010

An Update from Greg

I flew in Monday, September 20th, around midnight. I have 30 days of leave; I fly out 20OCT10 for three years in Sasebo, Japan to be on MCM2 (Mine Counter Measures) the USS Defender.

The last few days Lindsey has been busy with everyone coming and going. My mother (Leona) has come to visit and help out around the house; my father (Clair) has even stopped by to see me and Lindsey for a short time.

Hannah and Todd came in this weekend making it a full house. It is a blessing having everyone home and here to help, and to just visit.

With all the extra mouths to feed; God answered another prayer. People brought food; so much food that we almost didn't have enough room in the refrigerators for it all. A BIG THANKS goes out to everyone who helped make this possible!!!

Yesterday was a good/bad day for Lindsey. It started out great with most of the house hold going to church. Bob stayed behind to man the fort and to watch after Lindsey. After church Megan stopped by for a short time, but would return soon. A little latter that day, Grandma & Grandpa Jackson stopped by, and when Megan came back she brought the rest of her family to say hello. While Lindsey has access to the first floor of the house now, she spends most of her time sleeping in her room. She'll usually come down to the kitchen to eat, then ask to return to her bed to rest. Friends are very considerate of how Lindsey is feeling when they come by to visit. We keep it quiet in her room, and friends will go up to chat with her or sit with her as she rests.

The sad part of the day is when Hannah & Todd had to leave. It was emotional for all. They fear that something will happen when they are not home. Lindsey and I, had a hug and a heart to heart moment. I had to remind her after they had left, that Hannah would be back in a two weeks and Todd would be in next week. This time will fly!!!

I know how they feel when they leave and how hard it is to step away from the whole situation. The only way I live with it and myself is by knowing God is in control and that I am also leaving Lindsey in the hands of people I trust, respect, and love. I hope this helps you , Todd & Hannah.

As for today, my brother Daniel and his daughter Sam are coming in, and will be staying until Wednesday. My mother will be making the drive home with them back to Ohio.
In closing, Lindsey is still doing well (as well can be). She and the family still need every ones prayers and blessings.

Thank you to everyone who reads this blog and may you have a blessed
day....Greg

3 comments:

  1. Greg, Lindsey is very blessed to have you in her life. I've never met you, but heard about you when Lindsey would stop by the office (I was her academic advisor).

    sending many hugs, love, and prayers up to everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg so happy you are home with Lindsey. My prayers are always with Lindsey and her family.
    Cheri Beall

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you all got to spend time together and I want you to know that I am lifting your entire family up in prayer. It is so awesome to see how you let God be in control....as that is very hard to do at times. Todd, Michael wants me to tell you hi and he is praying for you too!

    Becky Edgar

    ReplyDelete