Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















June 20, 2010

Good weekend - Pain Under Control

It's been a good weekend. The pain is being effectively managed and Lindsey's weekend was in a more "normal" state versus sleeping most of the time. Of course there are still daily naps... wouldn't we all love to have that luxury? This weekend we visited the LS City Market, enjoyed the pool, had breakfast with Grandpa Jackson for Daddy Day, did a little shopping at Wally World, and then grilled out for dinner for Bob.

Bob is now home during the day with Lindsey as I have returned to work. Thank goodness Bob has an understanding employer who continues to allow him to work when he can.

I'm off to my weekly "therapy" of Hot Yoga at the ZenZone with Hannah....and when they say "hot," they mean HOT!

I do have one story to share about how God continues to work in the most interesting ways. While at the Farmers Market on Saturday, the girls and I lamented over what to purchase from the Amish booth- some of their to die for wonderful bread or Apple pie. We debated this for several minutes and opted for the bread. Next we planned the Father's Day menu, which included a discussion about pasta salad for Bob because he loves his pasta salad. Okay... we end our morning shopping and head home. That afternoon, I hear a knock on the door. It's Mary T with, no kidding, an Apple Pie from the Amish booth at the LS Farmers Market, and pasta salad. Some may say it's a coincidence, but I don't think so. He knows what we need and He knows the stresses in our lifes.

3 comments:

  1. I love it when God shows off!! May His blessings continue to flow your way! Love you! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when He does the little things only He can do! Saweeeet! God is so awesome to bless us in special ways just because He loves us! What an awesome Father we have :) wow.

    Love you all dearly! I'm excited for the run in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's really funny about that story is that I almost didn't take either item.

    At first, I was going to take the pasta salad. But I was trying to talk myself out of it because it's not "really a meal." A bowl of it makes a nice lunch, but it's not real substantial. Know what I mean?

    So I thought, "Well, I'll take the pasta salad and a pie." But pie is not something I'm good at making (probably because I don't like to EAT it). However, the Amish girls make pies that look really good. So I bought an Amish pie. Then I was like, "I can't take her a bought pie." So I took it out of the plastic case that the girls put it in and wrapped it in Saran Wrap so it wouldn't look store bought. (It wasn't store bought, I got it at the Farmers' Market from the Amish girls - but it looked store bought.) I wasn't going to say *I* made the pie - just that it was homemade. lol.

    Anyway, I felt like a dork for taking that stuff over there but something kept telling me it would be alright and you all would like it anyway.

    ReplyDelete