Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















June 11, 2010

Head for the Cure 5K - Aug. 29, 2010


We're forming a team for the "Head for the Cure" 5k Walk & Run on August 29, 2010 which will take place in Corporate Woods. Help us fight the war against Brain Cancer and join our team or make a donation.
Our team name is ---- "Lace-up for Lindsey".---- to register or to make a donation, go to the following link:


Click on "register on line today", create an account, select donate or continue to event registration, complete registration, you will be asked if you want to join a team (which you do..Lace-up for Lindsey ) and then select your event which is "team 5k".

While "Head for the Cure" will give you a t-shirt for registering, we are also in the process of having t-shirts made. I'm hoping to get some donations for the t-shirts so we can keep the cost down. The picture is a sample drawing that Hannah did in church last Sunday... Greg's best man does this type of stuff for a living and he's in the process of creating the graphic (THANK YOU Chris MeaD!)

As we get closer to the event, we'll organize a meeting place so we can all "lace-up" together and cheer each other on as we help to fight this terrible illness. I'll also distribute information about ordering the "Lace-up for Lindz" t-shirts if you're interested in getting one.

Regarding the "head". Lindsey started having headaches yesterday and has spent most of the last two days in bed resting. She joined us for dinner tonight (Friday, June 11th), showered, and put herself back to bed for the evening. Bob is back to his routine of sitting with Lindsey until she dozes off to sleep.... it's not unusual for me to find him fast asleep beside her.


Times are interesting and making the best of the interesting times is our focus. We go about our daily routine, we laugh, we cry, we get angry occasionally with each other. Most importantly though we try to be more sensitive to what each person is going through. We listen, we talk, and we forgive.... and move on. We're experiencing something new as a family and stumbling a little (and some days a lot) as we go.


2 comments:

  1. I started "jogging" a couple weeks ago so I would be able to participate in the run.

    The "jogging" is not going so well. But I will be joining the team as a walker. :)

    As for the rest, I don't think there's anything I can say that wouldn't sound dumb. Just know that I'm sorry for what you all are going through.

    MaryBT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started training for the 5K as well, and will be getting the word out to UCM folks :)

    as for the challenges you all have, as a family going through this together,... I don't know what to say. I wish I could think of something to say that is amazing and wonderful that would make it all somehow easier. You always have my shoulder to lean on, and you all are in my thoughts always.

    ReplyDelete