Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















April 11, 2010

Fascinating... In a very strange way.

The brain... it's a complicated and very fascinating organ. It's runs the show and controls everything we do. You can get cancer in any other part of the body and you will not have the interesting, complicated, and unusual issues that surface when one has cancer of the brain. Yet this big, wrinkly, gray sponge is also great at compensating for areas of the brain that may not be functioning at full capacity. Add a combination of medications to the mixture and predicting the outcomes and the interactions becomes a game. It's a game we stopped playing and at the time we did I predicted that talks of wedding could resurface.

My prediction came true... Friday, April 9th we decided the best thing to do for Lindsey and Greg was to allow them to celebrate the deep love they have for one another. Lindsey insisted...Greg agreed as he never wanted to cancel. After 2 weeks of saying no wedding, I can't do this, and giving Greg the rings back, the wedding is back on, but at a much smaller scale. Lindsey's desire is to have the wedding at her Grandmother and Grandfather Morris' house which is just over the hill from the house she lived in until age 9. While we would love to invite everyone who has been praying for Lindsey, due to the change in location we've had to scale back the original invitation list. We hope you understand. The wedding will be on Saturday, April 17th at 4pm.

Lindsey has received many letters, cards, books from friends. She's very funny about hoarding these until she is ready to open them. One of the packages we opened tonight which was received a couple of weeks ago. I find it interesting how the timing of the opening of these items has worked. Today's envelope contained three books - "Jesus the Healer", "There is a Miracle in Your Mouth", and "Healed of Cancer". All three were received from the mother of a new friend Hannah has meet in college. Hannah's friend, Sarah Adams, attends Lakewood Church in Houston. I flip through the "Healed of Cancer" book and land on page 54 which says "Be anointed with oil by a Christin who believes in healing. " If anyone among you is sick let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
Interesting timing because today I attended church with Lindsey at Lee's Summit Community Christian and they did just that. The minister and other members of the church anointed Lindsey with oil and prayed for Lindsey in the name of the Lord. An amazing experience. We have had other similar coincidences happen along the way. Once we get through this journey I plan to document in a more formal way some of our experiences. Experiences that we know don't just happen without someone else much larger than any of us taking charge.

The last three days for Lindsey have been good in comparison to the last 3 weeks. While word finding and vision continues to be a challenge, the emotional and anger issues have stopped. It's no longer a major chore to arrive someplace on time.

Thank you for continuing to send positive thoughts to the Morris family. Most importantly, thank you for praying for Lindsey. We have proof that it's helping. We know that God's hand is right here with us during this very difficult and trying time. We're getting more sleep which allows for many other positive things to occur. While there are times when we are still very sad, we are looking for things to laugh about, to simply enjoy everyday. You see life is to short to be angry, to be mad, or to simply not make best of the situation.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Deb Baum. I sat next to Greg on the plane from Kansas City to Chicago on Sunday, March 21, the weekend Lindsey gave the ring back to Greg, which he was wearing around his neck. I offered a general greeting to Greg as he got into the seat next to me. I could sense he was very upset. He did say he had a very difficult weekend. As the plane ride progressed, Greg told me about Lindsey and her fight. It was obvious to me how much he loves her and that he did not want to postpone the wedding, but knew it was the right thing to do based on Lindsey’s condition at the time. I told Greg that although I wasn’t a religious person, I would keep both him and Lindsey in my thoughts, but that my son and daughter-in-law were becoming ministers in May and that I would ask them and their community to pray for them. Greg also gave me the information about this blog. Pretty much as soon as the plane landed, while my husband and I waited for our connection home to Albany, NY, I called my son and told him about Greg and Lindsey and asked him to pray for you and your family. We’ve been doing that since that day. I tried putting a comment on Lindsey’s blog the Monday after I met Greg, but since I only use a computer at work and don’t use any of the social networking sites that would allow me to post a comment, I haven’t been able to post anything. I have, however, been following Lindsey’s blog on a daily basis. When I read the post this morning that the wedding was on, I wanted to send this note of congratulations to all of you. Although I’m not a “religious” person, I am spiritual in my own way. I wanted to tell you that reading Lindsey’s blog and seeing how your faith and love as a family and community is helping all of you through this challenge and reading some of the events that I might usually consider just a coincidence, such as opening the book to the passage on healing when you had just taken Lindsey to such a service, is making me rethink my own thoughts on the topic of a “Higher Power” in my own life. Please thank Greg for his willingness to share his story with a total stranger and let him know how deeply I’ve been affected by not only what you’re all going through, but how without even knowing it, you’re helping someone in Albany, NY think about her own life and how the power of faith and love can make even the most difficult challenges bearable, and that as Lindsey’s mom has said, sometimes even fun. My son tells me all the time that “God works in mysterious ways” and thanks to Greg and this blog, I’m starting to believe him! I wish Lindsey and Greg a wonderful wedding and want them to know that I’ll be thinking of all of you on that beautiful day. P.S. I so wanted to offer my congratulations and best wishes for a beautiful wedding day to Lindsey and Greg, that I had written this and asked my son to post it for me. He actually set up a gmail account for me so that I could post this myself. So, please tell Greg that not only has meeting him challenged me to rethink my spiritual ideas, he’s also challenged me to be more technologically adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey,

    I am sure you remember me, it's Chris from Mr. Rossiter's Algebra 2 class and I worked with you at Hy-Vee. I stumbled across your blog today and had no idea this was going on. I would love to catch up with you and get to talk, if you feel up to it. My email address is on my profile page or you can facebook me or write a comment back to me, I would love to hear from you. I am sure that you are fighting this tumor with all your might, for you are a very strong person. I will be praying for you and your family in this time of suffering, but know everything will be okay in the end regardless of the outcome, for the Lord has a plan for all of us. Please send me a message if you want to talk to me, I would really like to talk to you. I hope you are feeling well right now.

    Sincerely,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete