Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















April 04, 2010

Misc Updates - Easter, Lindsey, and Fund raiser total


Updates from Mom....

Lindsey and I spent time this morning talking about Easter. Lindsey has the following 2 points to share...

I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Bible: John, 11.



All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. - Lucy Van Pelt - Peanuts

She also hopes that you find yourself in a church sometime during the Easter weekend. Easter is really what our faith is all about. If you don't have a church, there's no time like the present to find one and start going.

I cherish the sweet moments with Lindsey. This morning I heard Lindsey awaken around 5am. Since I was not ready to begin my day, I found a place in her bed. She was up and about, but then quickly came over and tucked me in, put pillows around me, placed her sleep mask over my eyes, closed the curtains, turned on soft music. I was reminded again that we have a God that is good all the time.


Thanks to a friend, the younger ones in my house today will have chocolate Easter bunnies, Cadbury Creme Eggs, and an assortment of chocolate eggs. This is a friend, like many of my friends, who understands that during difficult times doing the things one normally does is a challenge. This same friend sent me home this weekend with a large pot of Taco Soup and coffee cake. Thank you to all my friends. Your kind guestures and acts of kindness makes a tremendous difference.

Since starting Lindsey on the Risperidone we have not had the occurences of extreme anger, tandrems and other severe mood swings. The Morris household is adjusting to her need to constantly reorganize and move items from room to room. Some of this adjusting is simply locking doors, removing door knobs, relocating important items that she should not be sorting through, and most importantly, just allowing her to do this. While it may drive me crazy, she finds comfort in it.

Lindsey and I met with Hyvee Friday morning to learn about the success of the Pasta Fundraiser. We were speechless to hear of the total amount raised. We are once again blessed to live in such a wonderful community and to have the good fortune of our children working for a company like HyVee. I've pasted below the message the message the store director sent out to all the supporters.

Lindsey Morris Benefit Dinner
March 24th, 2010

On behalf of Hy-Vee, numerous co-workers and I would like to thank everyone for their involvement in supporting a cause close to our hearts. As many of you already know, Lindsey has worked with our store for over 7 years. She has always had an outgoing and shining personality.
It was very endearing to see the overwhelming support for Lindsey and her family during this difficult time. I am proud to say that we served 655 dinners and collected an additional $6700 in donations for a grand total exceeding $10,000.
Thank you again,

Randy Summerville
Lee’s Summit #1-1380
Store Director


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment