Love of my Life

Love of my Life
Happy moments... Praise God. Difficult moments... seek God. Quiet painful moments... Trust God. Every moment... Thank God.















March 09, 2010

Let the fight begin

Here we go.

As soon as the Temodar comes in at the pharmacist (along with the other prescriptions to offset the side affects of the chemo) this week, treatment will begin - 1 anti-nausea pill one hour before taking 4 Temadar pills, every night. My port for the advexin treatments will be scheduled for sometime next week. Mom will build a spreadsheet to track the prescription administration. We'll make bi-weekly visits to KU for the advexin treatments. Surprising bit of information today... the monthly cost of the Temodar, if a person didn't have insurance would be $6,000 - $10,000 a month. Thank goodness we have insurance.

I also got copies of the MRI scans. Now I can visually see why the KU tumor board did not recommend surgery. This tumor likes me. I can also better understand why radiation is not a viable option. There is to much to go after.

Let the fight begin. I'm going after this tumor. I'll give it all I've got and with the help of my oncologist we'll monitor the effectiveness of the treatment.

Regarding the HyVee Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for me - It's scheduled for March 24 from 4pm to 7pm. I'll be there. I would love to see you if you have time to stop by. It's at the 291N and Langsford road store. I miss all my friends at work and my customers! Thank you Randy Summerville for being such as kind and gracious manager.

So today.. this quote means more than it ever did before - "Treasure this day, and treasure yourself. Truly neither will ever happen again."

No comments:

Post a Comment